Every business collects data, whether it’s sales figures, market research, logistics, or transportation costs. It’s important to take that data and make use of it. Companies prefer Data Analyst for this purpose and it is a high market value profile.
Who is Data Analyst?
To help companies make better business decisions, Data analysts translate numbers into plain English.
Job nature of data analyst:
- Work with IT teams, management / data scientists to determine organizational goals.
- Mine data from primary and secondary sources.
- Clean and prune data to discard irrelevant information.
- Analyze and interpret results using standard statistical tools and techniques.
- Pinpoint trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets.
- Identify new opportunities for process improvement.
- Provide concise data reports and clear data visualizations for management.
- Design, create and maintain relational databases and data systems.
- Triage code problems and data-related issues.
- Statistical methods and packages (e.g. SPSS).
- R / SAS languages.
- Data warehousing and business intelligence platforms.
- SQL databases and database querying languages.
- Database design.
- Data mining.
- Data cleaning and munging.
- Data visualization and reporting techniques.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop & MapReduce.
- Machine learning techniques.
- Analytic Problem-Solving.
- Effective Communication.
- Creative Thinking.
- Industry Knowledge.
Do you believe in the skills and job nature suits your personality then it will be your piece of cake ! Prepare for it and crack down the interview. We on future listings will say the ways, methods and do’s to become a data analyst. Get in touch with us for more.